Perth Based Workshop Mechanical Tradesperson
Mine & Tunnel Ventilation Pty Ltd is currently recruiting a Workshop Mechanical Tradesperson based in our Welshpool facility, to provide us with an additional capacity assembling and refurbishing new and used Ventilation Fans for the Mining and Tunnelling industries, throughout Australia.
This is an opportunity for a competent trades person to optimise their skills and expertise within a growing company. You will apply your mechanical knowledge in a variety of situations within the workshop.
Your duties include but are not limited to maneuvering parts via gantry crane for the assembly of ventilation fans as per engineering drawings, conducting servicing on these systems, ensuring workshop production is completed on time and to engineering specifications, working alongside our electrical partners during the termination of electrical motors, and maintaining workshop & personal safety standards.
To be successful for this role you must have the following:
• Certificate in Mechanical Fitting / Mechanical Engineering & Technology
• Sound knowledge & experience of assembling & maintaining mechanical systems.
• Sound knowledge & experience of maintaining operations within a workshop environment.
• Have the ability to operate 20t gantry crane in a safe manner, maneuvering unique items in a variety of situations.
• Be capable to conduct physical tasks with ease during assembly and disassembly.
• Current working at heights & in confined spaces.
• Current forklift license
• Full unrestricted ‘C’ class driver’s license
• Be pro-active and self-motivated with a drive to constantly improve and learn.
• Have strong focus in safety when performing tasks.
• Must be able to provide pre-employment police check.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment medical and Drug & Alcohol Screen.
What will you get in return?
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative growing company, which is part of a large network and group of companies that operates nationally & internationally, providing a supportive organizational culture.
MTV is an engineering company who Designs, Manufactures, Installs and Commissions Ventilation Systems to suit customer-specific requirements, with a desire to be a leading application engineering company.
MTV has the backing of the Hahn Electrical Group, CFT and Korfmann Ventilation Fan Range with over 130 years of experience as worldwide brand names.
It is our people who make the difference to what we do and supported by a group of companies which has an impressive track record, we build long term relationships with our customers that creates trust and confidence in the products and service we provide. This allows them to continue to work with us for their future development knowing we provide ongoing support for their business.
We believe in providing our staff with a supportive, flexible, enjoyable and rewarding work environment and we strive to ensure every team member is equipped with the necessary tools and training to do their best work.
If you have the passion and attention to detail to complete works at the highest standard, please email your resume to [email protected]
Due to the large number of applications received if you do not receive a response from us within 4 weeks please assume your application has been unsuccessful. Please feel free to reapply for any future vacancies.
Download the job description via the link below:
Workshop Mechanical Fitter – Perth